Wende Correctional Facility

This site is devoted to happenings at Wende C.F. Feel free to post the good and the bad.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Accident review committee

The accident review committee has been reformated.
2 Civilians on committee were replaced because they voted for the Officer involved and found no basis for any disciplinary action.
New Committee is
DSA Schumacher
Capt Kierney
Sgt. Smith
CO J. Zemla-non voting member
This is a real set up. 3 administration people are supposed to judge CO's fairly. Good luck. As far as I know, the Union is looking into grieving this issue.
Accidents happen. Most are not caused by negligence on anyones part.
State vehicles--self insured
Leased busses--privately insured.
If you are involved in a mishap-fill out the MV 104 and on it state "while in the performance of my duties and while working for NYS" I understand that these MV 104's are being sent to motor vehicles and MAY affect your PERSONAL VEHICLE INSURANCE rates. This is so wrong. Most people I know would not even file a claim for damages under $500. There should be a mechanism in place to recieve estimates at a number of Collision shops, not just taking the States word on damage amounts. If I have to pay out of pocket, then I should be allowed to choose who fixes it, the same as I would with my personal vehicle.
Any input from administration people would be appreciated. You can leave it anonymous, as I know you are in hiding.
One thing I will always do is sign my name to any thing I say, and let the chips fall where they may. I know as fact that someone is monitoring this site from the Administration. Come out of the closet and be heard.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Donn said…

    Perhaps it would be more fair to have a couple of senior trip COs on the review board. But don't count on THAT happening!

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice picture, you're kinda cute.... there should be no committee... accidents are accidents, unless there is gross neglience, which would be obvious, we should just follow the statewide policy, and if that is fucked up then we should challenge it..3

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No COs on review board. Cos shouldn't sit in judgement of other COs

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aren't the senoir one in accidents too?

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Donn said…

    The CO's would be there to keep admin in check and to offer a trip CO's point of view. I'm sure admin has never driven a bus full of inmates around. Yes, I know there should be no commitee, just follow the present policy. If they can prove gross negligence, that's one thing.
    Are all these anonymous guys the same guy?

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no donn,there isn't just 1 anonymous blogger, and i think bob is on vacation or something, the posts should show the dates and the times

     

Post a Comment

<< Home